Sweet potato casserole
3 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1/3 cup butter softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and dash of nutmeg to taste
Milk for consistency
2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place sweet potatoes in a pot of boiling water. Simmer for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain.
- Mash sweet potatoes with brown sugar, butter, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown and potatoes are heated through.